At the beginning of November I threw a challenge out into the Universe. A challenge to document the tiny things you are grateful for each day in an attempt to cultivate a life filled with gratitude. My point being, that joy stems from our gratitude and practicing thankfulness might – ahem, will – just lead to happiness.
When I first started this challenge my jar seemed impossibly large. I kept thinking to myself, “how could I possibly have something different to be grateful for each day?” Yet, each day something small came to mind that made me smile, or remember what was good. Even better were the days when I would experience a moment and immediately think to myself, “Wow, that was fantastic. That is what’s going in the jar tonight.” So, with each day, my pile of paper got a little bit bigger and I felt my heart grow more joyful [less frustrated] with where I’m at in this crazy life.
Listed below are just a few of the [unedited] things I found myself feeling lucky to have experienced within the last 30 days —
- I’m thankful for good hairstylists. FINALLY.
- I’m thankful for my crockpot + quick + tasty dinner!
- I’m thankful for old friends and talking on the phone for hours.
- I’m thankful for packages in the mail @ the end of a long day.
- Today I’m thankful for doing a workout @ a weight I wasn’t sure I could do. Pushing myself to be better.
- I’m thankful for chocolate when I’m feeling bloated.
- I’m thankful for falling leaves. With all of the trees here in ATL a strong breeze makes the leaves dance and fall like snowflakes.
- I’m thankful for MARTA.
- I’m thankful for a house full of people.
- I’m thankful for the ability to write + for the courage to share my heart with others.
- Facetiming with my crazy family today!
- I’m thankful for my finances, but also cheap/quality clothes on a budget.
What were you thankful for this month? Let’s celebrate gratitude together!